domingo, novembro 02, 2008

While giving Ju a shower the other night, he began making some really strange sounds that reminded me of his language about a year ago when he would sound a bit like he was speaking Japanese. He would make all kinds of phonemes from both English and Portuguese, having long "conversations" with his toys while he was playing, never sounding like he was speaking either language. When he suddenly began making these sounds again, I asked him

"What language is that? It doesn't sound like English and it doesn't sound like Portuguese. What language are you speaking?"

"I'm speaking 'ingrés'!"

"'Ingrés?"

"Uh huh, ingrés."

I suspect this may be something along the lines of "English spoken by friends at school who say things in a different way and call it ingrés" but I can't be sure. Some sore of weird 3 year old interlanguage.

2 comentários:

pamela disse...

his ingres is cute.

**i am on facebook now..i don't know your full name but i presume you know mine, if you want to look me up.

Anônimo disse...

Kevin is doing much the same thing - he makes sounds (usually with the urgency like I am supposed to of course know what he means) that could be syllables in either language. I notice that he says more words in Portuguese though, probably because that is what he hears most. I keep hoping his English speech will be equal to his Portuguese.